Wednesday, March 26, 2014

MySQL and OS X install and remove

So this is in reference to this bug:
I happen to run across it so I figured what the heck test it out with 5.7 as well.
I was also able to reproduce this error with the latest DMR version. ( at the time of this test mysql-5.7.3-m13 ) I was using the provided DMG and the tar.gz file.

dyld: Symbol not found: _strnlen
  Referenced from: /usr/local/mysql/bin/my_print_defaults
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

The DMG has a nice little installer and etc but as you can see it did not work.

So to test the 5.5 version you have to remove MySQL from OS X

rm -rf /usr/local/mysql*
rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM
rm -Rf /private/var/db/receipts/*mysql*

I just needed those but this site has a list of other references if you need it.

I was able to confirm that 5.5.36 does install and run. So you are just out of luck for the moment if you want a higher version of MySQL .

One note.. Read the information screen or the readme.txt file. It gives helpful information.

 mysql> select @@hostname;
+----------------------+
| @@hostname           |
+----------------------+
| MacBook-Pro-15.local |
+----------------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select VERSION();
+-----------+
| VERSION() |
+-----------+
| 5.5.36    |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

No comments:

Post a Comment

@AnotherMySQLDBA